Friday, April 15, 2005

 

I Am Aragorn

Theoden: I will not risk open war.
Aragorn: Open war is upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Theoden: So much death. What can men do against such reckless hate?
Aragorn: Ride out with me. Ride out and meet them.
Theoden: For death and glory.
Aragorn: For Rohan. For your people.
Theoden: The Horn of Helm Hammerhand will sound in the deep, one last time!

Gimli: Bring your pretty face to my axe.

Eomer: Look for your friends, but do not trust to hope. It has forsaken these lands.

Theoden: Look at my men. Their courage hangs by a thread. If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end, as to be worthy of remembrance.

Theoden: A great host, you say?
Aragorn: All Isengard is emptied.
Theoden: How many?
Aragorn: Ten thousand strong at least.
Theoden: [astonished] Ten thousand?
Aragorn: It is an army bred for a single purpose, to destroy the world of men. They will be here by nightfall.
Theoden: Let them come.

Aragorn: If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword...
Legolas: ...and you have my bow...
Gimli: ...and my axe.
Boromir: You carry the fate of us all, little one. If this is indeed the will of the Council, then Gondor will see it done.

Galadriel: The Quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little, and it will fail, to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the Company is true.

Elrond: I was there the day the strength of men failed.

Arwen: Why do you fear the past? You are Isildur's heir, not Isildur himself. You are not bound to his fate.
Aragorn: The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness.
Arwen: Your time will come. You will face the same evil, and you will defeat it.

[as orcs break down the door]
Gimli: Let them come. There is one dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath.

[to Frodo]
Boromir: I ask only for the strength to defend my people.

Aragorn: I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you I will not let the White City fall, nor our people fail.
Boromir: Our people, our people. I would have would have called you my brother... my captain... my king .
Aragorn: Be at peace Son of Gondor

Boromir: The world of men will fall, and all will come to darkness, my city to ruin.
Aragorn: I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you I will not let the White City fall, nor our people fail.

Gimli: They have no honor in life. They have none now in death.

Aragorn: Hold your ground, hold your ground. Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!*

Eowyn: Courage, Merry, courage for our friends.

Gamling: He leaves because there is no hope.
Theoden: He leaves because he must.
Gamling: Too few have come. We cannot defeat the armies of Mordor.
Theoden: No we cannot. But we will meet them in battle nonetheless.

Eomer: Now is the hour! Riders of Rohan! Oaths you have taken, now fulfill them all, to lord and land!

Elrond: I give hope to men.
Aragorn: I keep none for myself.

Gimli: Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an Elf.
Legolas: What about side by side with a friend?
Gimli: Aye. I could do that.

Gandalf: I will not say, Do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.

Aragorn: My friends, you bow to no one.

Pippin: It's so quiet.
Gandalf: It's the deep breath before the plunge.
Pippin: I don't want to be in a battle. But waiting on the edge of one I can't escape is even worse.

Elrond: That future is almost gone.
Arwen: But it is not lost.

Frodo: There'll be none left for the return journey.
Sam: I don't think there will be a return journey, Mr. Frodo.

Pippin: Here do I swear fealty and service to Gondor. In peace or war. In living or dying. F... f... from this hour henceforth, until my lord release me... or death take me.
Denethor: And I shall not forget it. Nor fail to reward that which is given. Fealty with love, valor with honor, disloyalty with vengeance.

King of the Dead: The dead do not suffer the living to pass.
Aragorn: You will suffer me.

King of the Dead: That line was broken.
Aragorn: It has been remade.

Gandalf: Send these foul beasts into the abyss.

Gandalf: Our enemy is ready, his full strength gathered. Not only orcs, but men as well: legions of Haradrim from the south, mercenaries from the coast. All will answer Mordor's call.

Theoden: Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise. Arise, Riders of ThÈoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises.

Theoden: Fell deeds awake... Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and the Red Dawn...
[(horn blows]
Theoden: Forth Eorlingas!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?